We're learning more about that snake bite to the producer of "Man Vs. Wild". Steve Rankin says he was bitten by a Fer-de-Lance snake...one of the deadliest in the world. He was traveling in the deep jungle in Costa Rica scouting locations for a new show. The snake's fangs went right through his boot.
His team made a makeshift stretcher and rushed him about two miles...then drove to have him airlifted to a hospital. He received the necessary antivenom and antibiotics, but Rankin said, "It wasn't until five days later, the flesh in my foot had started to rot." Surgeons had to cut away a massive chunk of his foot...he later got skin grafts...and is now relaxing and recovering.
To see his Twitter page and the pic he posted of his foot after surgery, click here >>>